Sunday, June 7, 2009

Zeus

Zeus died today at 2:00 pm. It is the hardest thing that I have ever had to do...he was the sweetest dog. I swear he smiled at me all the time...He came into my life in the middle of a thunderstorm with lightening flashes that lit up the night sky, and it was raining sheets of icy water , he left me in the polar opposite...hot, sunny and on the most peaceful of days... Our last few minutes together I knew that he knew he was loved. He went very softly and quickly, it was like he just went to sleep. I miss that dog so much already and with that loss I feel so much more alone in this world. Thank you all for loving and praying for him right along with me. If you never got a chance to meet him, I can only say, if you had, he would have stolen your heart too. He is with Stetson and Jesus...and now I must grieve....L.

10 comments:

EO said...

Awww..... baby boy. I love this video. So so sad for you today. Zeusie was such a special boy and I know he had a huge place in your heart.... your baby. It's SO HARD this part, I know. Love you, praying.

Andrea "The H family" said...

honey...we love you. I was so affected by this and it's been a sad day honey. I love you.

shanna said...

Sweet, Sweet Lisa...

Praying for you during this difficult time. I know you make Jesus smile by the way you love people and puppies. Love you bunches!

Shanna

The Nicholsons said...

I'm so sorry Lisa. We're praying for you.

Lexie said...

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. We will bepraying for you.

The Nadwodnys said...

Praying for you, Lisa.

Rachel and Matt said...

Lisa I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

The Waters Family said...

I love that video! your laughter and his grunting/talking back-- It's pure JOY between you!

Praying for you during this time of grieving and loss.
xoxo

Krista said...

I had to wait a couple of days to read your blog because I knew it would be too hard and I'm such a wimp. Praying for you now. So sorry honey.

Jan said...

I was so so sorry to hear from Krista of your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers also.