Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lapband Update week 8!!

Well , since my last adjustment, where I was ratcheted down to teeny tiny. I can not eat much. I can eat refried beans with onions, I can eat guacamole and chips, a very small amount. I can eat vienna sausages because they are mushy. I can eat fat free chicken salad on a cracker.
I have to drink when I eat anything of substance just to get it down.

I went out after church with my besties to a local hangout and we ordered cheese fries. I tried to eat two tiny little bites and wash it down with water. I felt like I was drowning and had to excuse myself . It was the worst yet. I did not like that. So I will be sticking with the refried beans. I have found that Taco Cabana makes their beans in store, and it comes in a 8 oz cup and they will add onions and cheese.
I have got to start eating more calories because I feel my energy level going way down, especially in the afternoon.

Don't get me wrong I still think this is the best decision I have ever made in regards to my health and weight loss. I think it is still an adjustment. I do not miss food as much as I thought that I would. If I see something that I want, I look at it and I just know " I will NEVER be able to eat that...if I even try it will be painful!"..so I just walk away. It is the restriction that I need!! I could never before look at something and "think" first...it was, See it , Buy it, eat it, then feel guilty about it later...Now I do not have that option. Thank God for my Lapband!

I am down about 33 lbs and several sizes. Yesssss!
In Him
Lisa

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the update. Is it scary when you can't get the food down or you feel like you're drowning? Or does knowing that you won't die/choke/drown help to keep you calm?
What about fruits & vegtables? Will you eventually be able to eat them?

Lisa Allen said...

I could puree anything in my Magic Bullet blender chopper. I am going to attempt to do some veggies and some other stuff today...I am sure I can do it. Knowing that I COULD drown is definately a factor in what I eat or do not eat now...that was a scary experience...It is good to hear from you! Are you staying away from that fires out there??

EO said...

I didn't know you felt like you were DROWNING? I thought you just felt sick... girl that is so scary! No more cheese fries for you! We will figure this out... and I LOVE Mexican so you will not hear complaints from me about guac and beans places :)... love you.

Krista said...

I'm Krista's sis-in-law. The only fires up here is "Texas Krista"!!!

Krista said...

Ok this is "SheShe", I'm on Krista's computer & just realized my post is REALLY going to confuse you

The Waters Family said...

just checking in on you-- Hope you are able to keep your nutrition up with the veggies etc-- although-- can you drink the nutrition? anyhow... I'm up for guacomole or beans from taco cabana anytime! LOL