Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lapband and Life update...

Things are going pretty well, I will update the Lapband info first...

I went into the Dr. to have my second adjustment. I went to my surgeons office this time instead of the aftercare place that I went to last time...I was still a little freaked by having to sign that paper.
I told my doctor that I wanted a "good" fill, that I just did not feel that the last time I had gotten enough fluid. I had not lost one pound! I am still down around 30 lbs but most of that was from the pre-op diet! So he filled it up! He added another 2 1/2 ccs of saline to my existing 2.6-3 ccs. I had to sit in the lobby and sip water. I tried to swallow and could not! So he had to go back in and take out 1/2 cc.

That was eye opening. I am really hoping to start losing more weight now that I KNOW I am restricted!! So protein shakes and liquids for today and soft foods for 3 days.

Life is going very well, business is great. My weekend was incredible, I love traveling with my BFF. She is fun and rarely bitchy at all. LOL! Seriously, we mesh well. Soul mates...
I updated everything on Facebook so I feel it is redundant to update everything here.
Coco is still Coco, she is just about completely deaf. She just hangs out in the AC all day. What a life! She is loved!!

Thanks for reading.
Lisa

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Hey Lisa-- I have to say-- not being able to sip water and get it down-- that sounds frightening to me-- BUT I'm glad he tested you before you left and then took some of the fluid out. Do they test each time you get a fill that you can still pass fluid? So... does the stay tightened or does it slowly ease up.... therefore causing the need to get another "fill"?
Just curious-- Glad everything is going well for you!

kj said...

Lisa, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am going in next week for my consult with the surgeon, so I am nervous, yet excited. It's nice to hear from someone their experiences. Please keep updating! :)