Friday, April 25, 2008

Bummer

I changed the dressing on my leggie and although the treatment seems to have taken the "mound" out of the wound it does not appear any smaller...I know that it will take some time to shrink it. I am realistic about it. I kept that thing attached to me at work, at home, day and night, 23 hrs out of the day fsince Monday, I changed the dressing on Thursday... I gotta tell you...it was so gross to see all of the fluid draining in the tubes at work! At home...I don't really care but it was the looks from other people that get me.

Heres the problem.... Just like before...I have an allergic reaction to the adhesive in the bandages or the film that covers the wound to create the seal...right now the surrounding tissue is covered in painful blisters and it is beet red...it hurts like a s.o.b. and itches like crazy! I have to get that cleared up before I can continue this course of treatment... I think it will take less time if I got my hands on some silver nitrate sticks...that will eat away at the mound and allow the skin to grow over it as it flattens out. I am so over all this crap. Other than the gapping hole in my leg...life is peachy.

2 comments:

EO said...

Oh my gosh girl, one thing after another. I'm so sorry you are still healing from this. It's been like 3 months. Ok, I'm not helping. I just want you to know I feel for ya.

Praying for COMPLETE healing of this thing, and I'm serious about a celebration.

The Waters Family said...

COMPLETE HEALING AMEN!