Thursday, April 3, 2008

Home safe

Hey all, well we got back back safe and sound...I have to say it was an amazing trip! Andrea and I both learned so much. We learned that we travel well together, that I should always pick our hotels because I am great at it, that we LOVE this place called Texas Best Roadhouse ( a gas station but so much more) on the side of the road...at the Gladewater exit on I 20 east heading toward Shreveport. The bathrooms in the place are amazing. Not to mention all of the extreme education from the workshop its self. I like Ruston, everybody was so nice, everywhere we went everyone was Hello, and Good Mornin' just so sweet, kinda like a little Mayberry town...I think I could live in a place like Ruston ( Population 20,000...11,000 are college students at Louisiana Tech.) so it is pretty small. You have to go into a place like that with a support system, it would be incredibly hard to just drop into a town like that, where everyone knows everybody and definitely can spot a stranger! I sprained a neck or two up in there. We had a blast hanging with Brandi and she showed me around the college and the old historical parts of Ruston, that part is right up my alley! I think Brandi is "THE ROCKSTAR" there. She looked amazing as usual and the locals just stare like they ain't never seen nothing like that before. She just smiles and waves in her sweet lil Brandi way, so cute! Like I said we had a blast even though it was stinky weather there on Friday we made the best of it. I was worried about my doggies, especially Zeus, with all the bad weather we had here. I asked my dog sitter how he was doing the next day and she said he was fine...I knew he must have been terrified. I was right I got home and checked his hiding place, the closet. It was a mess, bless his heart he had made a big pile of clothes and moved everything around to make a big cacoon way in the back, poor thing. He just hid in there until it was over. My baby boy was so scared! I hate that. Overall it was a great road trip and I am so glad I went. I will upload some pics later...too tired to jack with all that right now. Gotta go love on my baby dog, Doodie.... Love y'all L.

2 comments:

EO said...

Glad you are home safe, and omg that is so sad that Zeus makes himself a cacoon in your closet :(... SO SAD LISA! Give him big hugs and kisses now!

The Waters Family said...

sounds like you had a wonderful trip- I want to visit that 'pitstop' you mentioned! LOL