Saturday, April 12, 2008

I love this...

Christians by Maya Angelou "A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not shouting "I'm clean livin'" I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven. When I say... "I am a Christian" I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible but, God believes I am worth it. When I say... "I am a Christian" I still feel the sting of pain.. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name. When I say... "I am a Christian" I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, some how!........thanks Suzanne, I totally stole this from you myspace...you are awesome! L.

7 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Love this! So profound and poetic! Ironic that Maya Angelou speaks such faith and Oprah claims to admire and revere her so much. Wonder what Maya thinks about Oprah's vague blurry ideas (those brought to light on Aner's latest blogpost)? Anyhow- I am so sorry to hear your baby Tyson has been so sick! I know you must have been beside yourself- We have only had Daisy a short time and my my how attached we all are to her- So, I hope he is on the mend!

The Waters Family said...

I'm sorry- ZEUS your baby- not Tyson! I don't know where that came from- I hope Zeus is much better! :)

Lisa Allen said...

yes he is all better, thanks Deb! I thought the same thing about Oprah and Maya...but you know, if the veil hasn't been lifted it is impossible to see through, no matter how incredible her mentor may be.

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you liked it! You can steal my stuff anytime! My grandma actually sent me this quote and I just loved it :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

Amazing quote honey. Love this blog post. Love it.

Jenna said...

GREAT quote! Maya Angelou's every word is breathtaking! Thanks for this!

Penny said...

I have always loved Maya Angelou's work. She is a treasure and so are YOU. Love you!!! Thanks for the quick in and out for Luke's sake. He was fine once we got outside.