Thursday, July 12, 2007

Goodbye sweet Sally....

Today has been a hard day for us at the salon...one of us has died. Her name was Sally Jaquess (pronounced jackwess) she was around 57 or so and was a little ball of fire. She was from the hills of Tennessee (same as me so we really connected) and oh my word did she have an accent. She would drag out a syllable (sp?) for days and days. She had red hair (sometimes) but that is how I will remember her,and she was extremely talented...I beleive she worked behind the chair for 30years maybe more. She was one of the hardest working women in this business. It was rare not to see her there, behind the chair,turning them out and making people beautiful. She lived hard in her earlier years and I have heard stories of her crazy days...one thing about Sally is she lived the way she wanted and did as she pleased. That is until she began to live for the King! She knew the Lord and loved Him deeply.I had several conversations with her and anyone could tell by her words that she had experienced His saving Grace. We all will feel the loss of her but I am happy that she did not suffer and that the Lord in His infinate wisdom chose to take her home today. She was a good ol' girl or gaaaal as she would say. Rest your feet honey your day is done...Lisa

3 comments:

EO said...

Oh Lisa, I'm sorry about your friend! What a great blog tribute to her, and so grateful to know she is with the Lord. Love you.

Andrea "The H family" said...

Sorry babe. I can't believe how young she was. She's with Jesus now.

The Waters Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss-being separated by death is sometimes hard to endure--It's so wonderful to know that it's just temporary--- I love that song "God be with You til we Meet again"-- It always helps me through grief of the loss of a loved one! Thinking of you Lisa and all of you who will be missing "Sweet Sally" at your Salon! xo Deb