Thursday, July 26, 2007

Things are going well...

As of today things are going well.... as well as to be expected anyway. I had to tell two of my older ladies( I only have three) that I was moving and that I would not be able to continue doing their hair.One if them was very sweet and was sad but understood that I needed to move on. I had explained that I wouldn't be doing any shampoo and sets over at the new place. I just don't want to do that anymore... she was so nice and I was able to find her a new stylist, no problem. The other lady ( we will call her Lou or as some of you may know her as Crazy Peanut Lady) was not nice at all.I also could NOT find anyone who wanted to take her as a client. I had to pack my bags for a rather lengthy guilt trip."Yall have forgotten about us old people it is all about what you want to do" "remember you will be old one day" blah blah blah... Seriously,I have toted this woman around for over 8 years, picked her up, did her hair and took her back home,(for $15.00 I charge regular folks who just come in$20.00) took her to the store,set her up a bank account, set her up with direct deposit of her social security checks..Don't get me wrong here I am not looking for a pat on the back or anything really , But dang , I have passed up other opportunities because I had to take care of Lou. This is the crazy part...she is the one with family here ...not me, she has a husband, I don't. She has no job as she is old...but I do. She refuses to use some of the local resources that I have told her about. Free bus service to and from the salon ect... I don't get it.I think she refuses to stand on her own because she didn't have to. I feel for her, but today when I dropped her off for the last time, I really felt relief. A huge relief. Other than that everything is going well, thanks for reading my rantings...I will fill you in about the move. ...L.

5 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Wow...You really really went the extra mile for Lou! Sorry she laid on a guilt trip--and glad "things are going well!" LOL D

Lisa Allen said...

Thanks Deb!You are sweet!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Lisa, what is your email address???? I can't find it?

Lisa Allen said...

imahairpro@yahoo.com

Andrea "The H family" said...

Lou will get past this.

Read your profile..totally cracked me up!