Friday, July 25, 2008

So far...

Well I have been walking almost everyday...it is so hot!! I get headaches and it doesn't make me feel good at all. Actually I hate it, I hate even the thought of it. I so envy those people with the genetics that require the amount of activity it takes to take a nap to stay slim. That would not be me. I am trying. I have also started what I am calling my "Intake Journal". It is just a pocket notebook where I will right down everything I eat. Statistics say people who keep a food record lose 60% more weight... I just got it yesterday, so today is the first entry...

Smoothie...handful of fresh spinach,two spoonfuls of fat free plain (nasty) yogurt, 5 or 6 slices of frozen peaches, 1 banana and 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice. Blended in my Magic Bullet.(Side note...I love my Magic Bullet...bestest blender EVER!)

I also went to weigh in at Weight Watchers and it was so weird...the scale said I had gained 1 lb and I am still down 9 lbs since I first started...so bizarre, I was sure I had put on a third grader but whatever. I am still just as motivated to reach my ideal self!! Keep asking me people..it gives me the accountability I need!! Love Ya L.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I am so happy for you and think it is great that you are taking the steps you are. Keep up the good work. Praying for you in this. I think any kind of discipline is difficult but possible. Supporting you the whole way through! Much love!

The Waters Family said...

Keep up the hard work- I too have the genetic predispostion but I was talking to my sister-in-law the other day and it's so funny-- She started singing the popular Hannah Montana song "Life's what you make it so let's make it Right!" LOL It's my anthem now for meeting my goals!