Sunday, July 27, 2008

Justification, sanctification and glorification ...sweet.

Ok so today was another amazing day. This is going to be a long one...go ahead and get some coffee.. I will give you a little background first... When I saw the movie Passion of The Christ some years ago, God began a work in me. From then on I knew I belonged to Him...I never questioned it, not once. I feel extremely blessed to have found a church home where I am challenged and educated on The Word. I for some time have felt the Call to make Jesus famous and spread the gospel, either here or abroad...I don't really care where. I am always asking people if they know Jesus, and lately I have been challenged more than ever. I had a long amazing conversation about the difference between being religious and being a follower of Christ with a homosexual acrobat, at a bar in Las Vegas, it was intense! I loved it and he loved me for talking to him about Jesus and not judging him but loving on him...he was the best hugger ever. I have made friends with some strippers and they are currently asking questions. I had a four hour conversation with a lady on the airplane..she couldn't go anywhere and neither could I...She is one of 3 people lately who believes that if we don't get it right the first time we come back until we get it just right..I was like "what is your scriptural basis for that theory?" She had none. By the time it was over I think I was able to at least put a few holes in her boat and plant a seed.

To say the least God is really putting some challenging people in my path. I love it but I feel completely inadequate and quite uneducated to answer most of the questions they pose. So I call my friend Hwa Ho ... it seems that he has since quit taking my calls, as I call just about everyday. I trust him and as much as it pains me to say this...he is usually right. He doesn't dilly dally around and sure doesn't sugar coat things..I like that.

So I am a hairstylist and a little while back God brought me this broken spirited, shy and completely sweet angel for a client. In fact we will call her Angel...Angel has been coming to me for several years and she has been watching me. Then one day out of the blue, she asked me a question about God. I feebly answered her question and I began saying prayers for her.God said to me "Love on Angel, I love her". Each following appointment we got more and more in depth. She starting revealing more and more about her past. She said she trusted me and she was not sure why, she didn't trust anybody. I felt honored. We began hanging out as friends and I invited her to study the book of Matthew with me and to go to the Village. She loved it! She felt like finally something had filled that hole in her heart that she had always had.

After a while she started having some doubts about the sovereignty of God. She had a hard time with the He chose us deal. I was completely frustrated because I am ill equipped for a conversation of this magnitude. I am not that smart. I never went to seminary school, for crying out loud I didn't even go to Sunday school. I was a meth addict, party girl. Not a whole lotta sovereignty sermons under my belt, hence my feelings of complete inadequacy. So in between our conversation at lunch today, which to be honest was again way out of my league. She had said "Why would God create some people to go to heaven and others to go to hell? If that is your God I will just be an atheist". I just said lets go to the Christian bookstore. On the way there I was calling everyone in my phone that I thought would be able to help me, as Hwa didn't answer...Dana Nolette answered and I was like "Dude she is gonna be an atheist, what do I say??" He sweetly said "Don't say anything". I was like you suck at this where is Hwa, but I did what he said...We got to the bookstore and we found a little stack of books and one of them was titled. Know what you believe. So we thumbed to back and then sat down at a table in the back...She began to read about how God already knows who will reject Him and who won't, therefore knowing who to CHOOSE to reveal Himself to. It was like a light bulb went off in her face. She exclaimed "I GOT IT, I JUST GOT IT". It was a beautiful thing. We also learned about the meanings of Justification, sanctification and glorification..who knew? She bought the book and we went back to her house and we re listened to "The Two Wills Of God" by Matt Chandler...so to wrap this up...I am so thankful to have her in my life, she challenges me to ask some questions and to find the answers that I just never thought were really important. I just knew that God loved me... If God is challenging me, I had better step up my game. Who knows where or better yet who is going to have a question next. I think I will always feel this inept, but maybe God will make Hwa answer his phone. Thank you, Lord, for telling Dana to tell me to be quiet. Thank you for revealing yourself today. YOU are so good!! Love yall ..Lisa

8 comments:

hwapper said...

1 Peter 3:15

Andrea "The H family" said...

Oh sweet Lisa. Loving on people as Christ has called you. We serve an awesome God. BTW: I personally thing that it was divine intervention that Hwa did not answer his phone. I think the Lord wanted you/AND ANGEL to walk it together. Makes it much more humbling to walk with a Christ driven person that is hungry..and not always the 'know' what to say person. I praise God Hwa did not answer his phone. I believe it happened just as God willed it.
Prayers for Angela. God's already here and was.
Love you sister,
A

Andrea "The H family" said...

P.S. THINK.
I so wished blogger has spell check!!

Unknown said...

Lisa,
I love your heart and what the Lord is teaching, while knowledge is important it is not everything and not always necessary b/c the God we serve is able to use anyone in anyway He chooses. What a beautiful thing He is doing with you and through! I am so encouraged just reading your blog. Thanks for sharing, your heart to serve the Lord and to make Him known makes you more "ept" then most of the rest of us. Love you!!!

Jenna said...

You're awesome.

Andrea "The H family" said...

Love your ticker missy pop!

B-HO said...

Welp if God can speak through Balaam's ass he can certainly use Dana Allan Nollette....just joshing he knows I LOVE HIM---BUT LISA ALLEN this POST is the REASON why I am soooo SMITTEN with you!! I love your heart ---What a unique ministry the Lord has placed in your "CHAIR"--Keep pushin back the darkness GIRL!!LOVE YOU AND COME SEE ME AND WE CAN GO GET SOME FABULOUS BREAD PUDDIN!!

EO said...

Sorry I'm just now commenting I read this DAYS ago! I love this post, it's so God's calling on your life to have stories like this. They encourage me. I laughed out loud at "you suck at this where is Hwa". I don't think it was meant to be funny but...

FUNNY!

Love you girl, I see you updated the ticker, way to go! Keep it comin!