Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lapband update almost 1 month...

Yesterday I went in for my first adjustment (fill). This is where they access the port and inject a tiny bit of saline into the band to tighten it around your stomach to make it feel fuller longer...
So I went in because I was eating just about anything that I wanted but trying to opt for the more healthy foods, I just felt I was eating too much of it.

I get there and this dude takes me back, he is totally enamored by my tats. I am chatting with him about my tattooist and just making small talk. He hands me a stapled piece of paper to sign, an ackowledgment of facts paper. It states among other things that I could POTENTIALLY be infected with a contaminated needle!
I was like whoa...hold up dude. What!
He said it happens or could happen if the person injecting me sticks themselves and THEN sticks me! I was like is that really an issue?? He said it could happen. I was shocked but I guess the same is true anywhere needles are involved. If I accidently stuck myself my first instinct, I think, would be to pull back, not push forward. I dunno. It freaked me out, so I watched my nurse or PA like a hawk. Come to think of it....I am not sure that I know what her qualifications are, she wore a white coat so my assumption was she has some medical background. However!!! I wore a white lab coat to take my test for my Cosmetology liscense...Oh God, I could have been injected by a hairdresser!
Oh well it is done now...
I am on liquids for two days and then graduate back to soft foods for two days, this time they gave me a list to choose from. Which is really nice.

I worked out today. Like my first real workout since being banded. I walked/ ran, did lunges and a side step thing that my old personal trainer had taught me to strengthen the thigh muscles. I did arm stuff and some jumping jacks.All for about 45 minutes. Then just about passed out....whew. I will do it again tomorrow morning from 6-7...at the school track down from my house. It will be cooler earlier anyway....
I love my Ipod but I would love to know how to keep the headphones in my ear while running. I love to listen to music while I run, they always fall out. Anybody know?? Special running headphones?

Everything seems to be going fine with my adjustment so far. I will update soon. No more weightloss to report. I was attacked by chocolate this past week. Cycle time...after this is over I will weigh again. I just got to keep moving!!
Thanks for praying and supporting me...you are loved!!

Lisa

3 comments:

The Waters Family said...

wished I lived nearby so we could walk the track together! Glad to here the update--

Sharon said...

It's at least nice to know you can have chocolate if you really want it (couldn't do that with by pass)

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem! I think my ear canal sweats or something. I switched to the kind that wraps around your ear and then goes in. I think I found them at Target. Good luck!