Friday, July 24, 2009

Lapband Week 3

I woke up yesterday and it was the amazing, I had NO pain. No pinching, no fireballs, no nothing. I was a little worried because I thought that not having any pain meant that the band had slipped or broken off. I found out later that it is for sure still there.
The pain in my chest from the hernia operation has completely gone away, Except for the slight scar on my abdomen, you would never even know I had surgery.

So I drank my water fast like I used to. I love water! No problems. I then cooked me a piece of fish and sat down to eat, I was really looking forward to eating with no pain. I started to eat without really thinking about it and I took my first bite, it was a big one. It was yummy so I took my second bite and then a third, oh yes I could EAT!! So happy! Then it hit me, PAIN, nausea, I pushed my plate away in disgust and ran to the sink. Oh NO it was stuck, I could FEEL it. I had eaten too fast, too much, something. I never threw up but I felt like it was seconds away. Finally when it passed the band I felt better but I ate no more the rest of the day.

Now, I know. I will never do that again.

I still have no pain, except when I eat too much/fast. I am thankful for the band and its reminder to slow down and chew and eat with purpose.

L.

P.s. In my last post I said that my doctor said that most people have hernias. He said that as we get older, the opening in the diaphram that allows the esophagus and stomach to go through, it gets bigger. It can happen when we sneeze, lifting heavy objects, the bigger we get ect... only in extreme cases do they cause issues, most cause indigestion, heartburn and general discomfort.
FYI...L.

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Yikes-- sorry you had that little scare-- It's a learning experience I guess and now you'll chew chew chew slow and purposeful for sure I bet!!

SO WONDERFUL about the no pain and that the hernia healing feels complete!!!!

Sharon said...

What a great reminder for me, also, to slow down when I eat!