Thursday, June 5, 2008

Crazy...Crazy...Crazy

The craziest thing just happened....I was laying in my bed reading and relaxing when BOOM and an huge flash at the same time. That had to be a very bright flash since it is still daylight ..I jumped out of bed and looked out the bedroom window and all I saw was my neighbors metal ladder laying down in his yard...he has been trimming trees for the past month, usually at 11:00 at night, anyway I got dressed and grabbed my key to the gate and tip-toed through my backyard to see his charred remains. I just knew he had hit a power line and was reduced to a smoldering pile of ash. As I peeked around a tree there he was...talking to some other neighbors...they were all looking up and pointing to the transformer on a pole in my yard. A huge tree had just snapped under the pressure of the unrelenting winds we have had, and half of the big thick snarreled limb was laying on the transformer...it turns out transformers don't like that...hence the BOOM!
People started asking who's tree it was , I just shrugged my shoulders and said I dunno. Well upon closer inspection the tree is in my yard! It has blown out the entire neighborhoods power. Everybody but mine....I offered to put peoples food in my freezer/refrigerator, they looked at me like I was crazy. I guess nobody is ever nice to them...So I will be here all night with the electric company sawing down the tree and repairing the electric to my neighborhood. I never thought I would feel guilty for having electricity...but I did for a minute, till I got hot and went inside. Ewww that sounds bad...does that make me a bad person?? lol. Lisa

4 comments:

The Waters Family said...

LOL- NO! it doesn't make you a bad person!! It's hot outside- Hope all your neighbors can escape the heat soon TOO! LOL You lucky girl you-the only person on the street with AIR!!

Lisa Sipka said...

OMG how funny! Your tree and you were the only one left with electricity - better start locking your doors and looking over your shoulder!

Was fun seeing you last night!!

Lisa Allen said...

Hey lookie it the Lisa!! Hi honey..we had so much fun last night..I hope we can all get together soon. I am going to check out your bloggie!! L.

Jenna said...

Scary AND funny! I can picture you being that kind of nice though.