Saturday, September 6, 2008

Update on my sweet doggie...

So far he is doing great. Believe it or not he is acting like a frisky pup. He bounces around and picks on Coco, nudging her to play. He rolled around in the grass on his back and wagged his tail at me, as if to say "Hey, could come over here and scratch my belly, look at it, you know you want to, right?" I ruff housed with him a little bit, just watching to see of he favored his leg, and nuthin'...I know he is on pain meds so he may be feeling better than he had been. He really acted sick and couldn't eat because the antibiotics were so strong and hurt his tummy tum tum. Yes this is how I speak to my babies. They understand me and my wierd communication. Dr. Unger has been calling to see how he is doing and he only has a 15 day supply of pain meds. Not to say that I can't get more but I think she was looking at his life expectancy in 15 day intervals. If he keeps it up like this well, we will see. I must say, I am enjoying everyday more with him, it is like icing on the cake each time extra that my hand can scratch his sweet head and he looks at me with those soft brown eyes or I get to pet the soft part of his widdle fat belly. To hear him sing to me or even watch him get excited for a treat. I am so thankful for a little more time. I am also thankful for this time to be "healty" time. I can't pass him by in the house without going out of my way to kiss the soft part of his muzzle and tell him "I wuv you"...thank you Lord for the gift that he is to me and for just a little more time. Lisa
 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

EO said...

I'm so glad you get this time with him too, and that he is acting healthy. So good to know that he is enjoying life right now. You are a good mama.

The Waters Family said...

What a sweet baby you have- Did Aner take any family portraits yet? These by himself are gorgeous- his sweetness is really captured! I love the way you describe your "love" It really is joyful-- the amazing connections we enjoy with our animals! I am in the beginning stages of enjoying our "potty trained" Daisy! :)
I am so glad he is doing good right now!