Monday, September 22, 2008

God is...



A little while back in my old home group, led by the fabulous Kristen Rabalias (Helpert at the time)she posed a question and asked us to write down a few words of who God is to us(me)...this is always a deeply personal question, and it is something I don't think I had ever put on paper until then. She gave us a few minutes, and then had us read it to the group. After I read mine, she said she would like a copy and I said I would give her one but had lost what I had written...today I found it folded inside another piece of paper. I feel like I was meant to find this today. Here is what I wrote:
God is...

Faithful, amazing, father, kind, just, righteous, my shelter, my savior,
my rock, my salvation, He is knowledge, He is my light, my depth, my all,
He is my spring, my summer, winter and fall. He is my air and my water. He
is my sun that warms my face and my tree that shades my skin. He is my
motivation to go on and my accountability that stops me in my tracks. He is
my music and my stillness. My Grace and my healer. He is my Lord and King,
He is my everything. L.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right lisa that statment hits home.TY KW

Penny said...

I didn't want to post this on Andrea's blog but Was that MY BIRTHDAY CAKE YOU GUYS ATE HALF OF in the picture of the feast. WHAT THE HAY!!!!

Lisa Allen said...

Nope it was the practice cake...when I am in charge of something so important, I need a practice run...no worries yours is in tact...lol I will go to your blog...

Penny said...

I am still eating your fantastic lemon cake. In fact I have had a piece for breakfast everyday instead of my usual Eggo. So you know I loved it if it replaced the Eggo.