Friday, July 17, 2009

Lapband adventures Day #7

So, today I am supposed to able to begin introducing thicker foods to my diet. For the first week all I could have is stuff that would go through a straw. Because the stomach is still a little swollen from the procedure, thick or solid foods will or can get stuck. That could cause the new little stomach to stretch and have some really bad side effects, one being throwing up/band slippage (not good) and another could be not losing as much weight because the new pouch holds too much.
I called the doctors office about this pain that I was having about 5-20 minutes after I drank something. It feels like an air bubble that is potentially on fire that rises from my gut but never completely surfaces...it just comes up part of the way and then dissipates, until the next time.

I spoke with my surgeons nurse and she said that is the liquid passing through the band. Which made sense. Apparently that is the feeling I will have when my band is inflated and the opening about the size of a dime. Especially if I don't chew well or try to eat something that is too fiberous and it has a hard time going through. Good to know information.

I am going to have a yogurt today in addition to my V8 juice and my muscle milk. All have lots of vitamins and low fat and low calorie. I may try some pureed chicken tomorrow. The best part is that I am not really hungry. Sure my tummy rumbles and I can feel that it is empty, but the sharp hunger pangs, I don't have those.

I have virtually no pain at all now, except when I stand for a long time or bend over to pick something up. So extreme movements either way are the hardest, but not terrible.

Day 5 , went to work for a few hours and that was tough but Day 6 I worked a little longer and it seemed fine. I also wore some stretchy pants on day 6...it made a big difference.

My big triumph of the day: I took 2 bras and 2 shirts that I never wore back to Lane Bryant and they credited my account $151.00, she was basically begging me to buy something and I just looked at her and said " Honey, I have no idea what size I am going to be next week" ( Huge grin)

I am down 24 lbs and up $151.00

Love Yall L.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Yeah for you! Good bye Lane Bryant... hello Victoria :-)
So will you always have the air bubble that feels like fire after you eat? If so, can you live with that?

The Nicholsons said...

Praise God girl! So excited for you!

Lisa Allen said...

That fire ball feeling is supposed to go away SOME after the initial swelling goes down. But that tightness is what prevents the food from going down too fast and it keeps me feeling full longer and faster. I will get used to the new normal. I just pureed me some peas. Yummy.

Lisa Allen said...

That fire ball feeling is supposed to go away SOME after the initial swelling goes down. But that tightness is what prevents the food from going down too fast and it keeps me feeling full longer and faster. I will get used to the new normal. I just pureed me some peas. Yummy.

The Waters Family said...

whooohooo for returning clothes!! Glad things are going smoothly! Can you have a Tropical Sno type thing?

EO said...

Love you girl! Great update, can't wait to hear more!! It's amazing to me how well you are feeling!