Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lapband Post op visit.

ok yall, I went to see Dr. Marsden (I love him) today for my post op visit. I had some questions and he answered them all.

First off, I am a little ahead of the average weight loss for less that two full weeks out of surgery. I have lost 7 lbs since I was banded and the average is 6 lbs.

I asked him about my pinching pain, the reason I can't sneeze or yawn without pain. It is a pinching in the middle of my chest. It is very painful. He said that is from my hernia repair. He said that my hernia was not a monster, nor was it life threatening. He explained that almost everybody has one but why not close it up while you are in there. He also said that the pain will go away in about a month or so. It has to heal up first and then I won't have that pain anymore.

I was very relieved to hear that. I mean, that right there alone will make everything better. Including my fireball bubbles. I think those hurt so badly because I can't catch my breath.

Now, about the fireball bubbles, he said those will also go away to some extent, but that will always be there in some form because that is the restriction factor of the band. I need that little reminder to keep me from eating the wrong things or too much in any one bite. When I get filled (water added to inflate the band and squeeze it tighter around my stomach, in order to make me feel fuller) the fireball bubble sensation will come back for a little while. I honestly think I can deal with those as long as I can breathe, stretch, yawn or sneeze without pain. I am excited for that day to get here.

7lbs since banding. Yay. 25.4 overall, bigger YAY!

Thank you all for your support and prayers, this is going to be a long road, but I am on it.
Lisa xoxoxo

5 comments:

The Waters Family said...

Congrats on being above average!! You are awesome!! so glad to hear the yawning/stretching pain will subside after the hernia surgery heals more!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

I'm so proud honey!!

Sharon said...

It is much easier to deal with something once you know what it is and that it won't last forever!
What do you mean most people have hernia's? Because of your surgery or people in general?

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Lisa!
My dad had lapband in January and the results are remarkable! He had a pretty large hiatal hernia repair. That repair has really kept him from messing up his diet. Nothing's going through that puppy! He's lost 75 pounds and has only had to have ONE fill last month! He has done so well, and has never wanted to "mess up" because he doesn't want to throw up. :) Just recently he started eating desserts and had a beer! hahaaa. I'm pretty proud of him! And proud of you too!! Hope you see the same results as he has! :)That liquid diet at first was unbelievable! :)He prefers Taco Bell's beans over Taco Bueno's. He buys those by the can. haha.

lap band said...

I was very relieved to hear that. I mean, that right there alone will make everything better. Including my fireball bubbles. I think those hurt so badly because I can't catch my breath.