Monday, July 13, 2009

Lapband, hernias, and more....

Ok, so on Friday July 10th Andrea picked me up way before the sun came up. We trekked across town to a surgical center in Richardson. I made up my mind to have the Lapband procedure done. Thats right, I spent the majority of life being a "big girl", and except for the "meth years" that is all I have ever really known. Time for a new normal. Time to be healthy.

Well, I had had enough. I went in and Andrea was with me. The day was a blur, all I remember is being extremely tired and Andrea playing with my Iphone, and complaining because apparently I did not have enough music for her to listen to. I went to stay at her house for the first 24 hours. So thankful that I did. I must say, she is the best nurse ever! She woke me up so sweetly each hour and a half to take my meds, to walk around and to blow on my breathing gauge machine. She was ON IT! (secretly, I loved being so taken care of, but, every now and then I could have beat her over the head with that stupid breathing machine, She was so bossy! She would say..."Time to use the blow machine!" "How many is that?" "Stay in here so I can watch you..."..dang woman!)To her credit and insistance, I did not get pneumonia. It never had a chance... I am just saying.

Today is day # 3 it is not that bad, I am now off all pain meds but still on a little ibuprophen and my antibiotics. I think my surgeon is a genius, I don't think I will have scars at all. He also went in and closed a hernia that I had. His name is Dr. John M. Marsden. I pretty much think he is awesome. He is very meticulous and that is what I wanted. He also cares, which was also of utmost importance to me.

Long story short. This next year is going to be a big one. My plan is to blog about my progress, my ups and downs, post before and after pictures and much more. This was not an easy descision to make for me but I feel it was the best one. It may be something that you would never even consider, or it could be all that you think about. I hope that blogging my journey will be helpful and informative as well as entertaining. Speaking of entertaining, I had Andrea take some "before" pictures that I refuse to post until I have some kind of "after" picture. They are way too humiliating.

My current diet consists of Chicken broth, Myralax, Naked friut juice, V8 low sodium juice, and no hormone yogurt smoothie, 1/2 cup at a time. mmmm. But that is fine since I am not really hungry at all.

One thing is sure, things are going to be changing.

Love you all
Lisa

5 comments:

Bug said...

SO VERY EXCITED FOR YOU!!! Dr. Marsden is one of our surgeons here!!! He is AMAZING!!!! I cannot tell you how many of his patients I have seen- it is going to be so much fun reading about your journey!!!

The Nadwodnys said...

Yea for you! Can't wait to hear of and see your GREAT success.

The Waters Family said...

Can't wait for those pics and to see some radical transformation after pics! :)

Anonymous said...

God bless you on this journey sweet Lida I know you'll do great

love Amy Hughes

Krista said...

Lisa, I'm so proud of you! What a huge step! I'll be praying for you and I can't wait to see the pics! Cancun?? Maybe??? Would love it! Celebrate a job well done!