Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And the answer is...

I lost 2.6 lbs , it would have been more but I forgot to pee before I got weighed. Andrea lost more than me, so I had to buy dinner. We went to Chilis because I had some gift cards from Christmas. Whoo Hoo.

I bought some good food to eat for my lunch for the week. I got some of that flavored tuna in the pouches...it looks great. I will add that to a salad instead of chicken this week. I also bought a few avocados and mango's to top the salads with...this way I won't get bored.

I also received a phone call from my church, the guy from the Dollar store called to tell " the missionary lady" (that would be me) about another homeless person that has shown up over at the dollar store. Sweet Rebecca called me to tell me about it.

I went to the dollar store to look for her. I found her home in the alleyway behind the store. She has about 9 shopping carts filled with recyclable materials. She has a very beat up old couch that she has drug under the trees for cover. She uses an old box for a little more shelter. She was not there so I asked around,and I found out who she is. I used to see her all the time when I worked at a salon over there.
I would see her and ask her if I could wash her hair for her, I even told her that would not charge her. She never let me. She would come around to dig in the trash cans for coke cans and other "stuff". She is around 60 or 70 years old. It breaks my heart, but I know from my previous interactions with her, that she is where she wants to be. So I bought her a few blankets and left them on her couch. I will bring her some food from time to time and just go on from there. She has been there for many years, I can only try to make the next few a little more comfortable. Well thats it for now...I am happy about my little loss...it is better than a little gain! L.

4 comments:

The Waters Family said...

That is great news Lisa-- If you'd pee'd beforehand...it would have been like 3lbs!! :)

Andrea "The H family" said...

LOL! So...just for clarification..we didn't really have a dinner bet. I just had zero money on hand!!
Love you honey! Your doing great.
p.s. still unsure about homeless person phone call. So strange?

Lisa Allen said...

not really I went there and sked him if he called and he said yes...he was just trying to get some help for the little old lady the only way he knew how. No biggie. I was happy to use my gift cards on us! That meant I got to spend some time with my favorite person...yay for me.

Krista said...

Lisa, that is so sweet about the lady. What a great heart you have.