Sunday, August 31, 2008

Never fails...

It never fails as soon as I make a post about being bored something always happens, or maybe that is just the ebb and flo of life. My Zeusie is very sick and right now I am waiting to see if I need to take him to the emergency pet hospital. A little while ago he couldn't or wouldn't get up so I was freaking out but eventually he did get up and go potty, he was stiff and weak but he made it. I don't know what is wrong but I knew "something wasn't right" yesterday. So if I have to go to the ER it will be the one in Denton because the one in Carrolton employs one the most inept DVMs I have ever seen. We were just there last night. In the course of my visit there I saw many and I mean MANY major mistakes being made. One animal they allowed to be checked out and sent home only to call the owners back and say "Ummm, we never gave Speckles his shots can you bring him back?" these are life saving shots people!! it is an ER, people don't just pop in for shots, THEY NEED THEM!!...To top that off, I got ready to check Zeus out after almost 4 hours, he had a fever and an infected cyst but I really was not sure of what what wrong, he was just "not acting right"...I get my paper work and it said right there on his chart he weighs 101 lbs! Not big deal generally right? Most ladies would love that kind of mistake. Well my guy weighs in at a portly 205!! AND THEY WERE GIVING HIM MEDICINE! Everyone knows that medicine is given proportionately by the weight! Morons I swear. Then I noticed his cyst had not even been treated, they said they looked at it...OMG it was bleeding everywhere and if that is the source of the infection, shouldn't you remove the material!?! The DVM came out..this is the same guy who called Stetson a "fat bastard" and brought the remains of Stetsons ear out to me in a bowl, like a freakin' porkchop! He stuck his hand out to introduce himself and shut him down right there...I said "I remember you, you called my dog a fat bastard the last time I was in" and I gave him the rundown on the ear removal incident ..."oh" he said " I vaguely remember that dog but whatever"....I asked him about Zeusies tail and he said he would have to sedate him! I looked him right in the black part of his eye and told him, "you know as well as I do that sedation is not necessary and it is not good for a 200lb dog that is 10 years old to be sedated" he said "noooo I don't know that" and I said " my regular vet seems to know that, why don't you? " and on that I left! I had to come home and do surgery on that cyst. It was so hot and infected, the material had to come out. I got a very sharp kitchen knife and a syringe and some towels and I went to town. Sedation my ass, that dog didn't even flinch! It was a bloody gross mess but the relief from the pressure was instant. I will be watching him like a hawk for the next few hours so if we need to, we are going to a different hospital. I pray it is staffed with some semblance of competence. People please ( I am going to sound like Andrea in exactly 5 4 3 2 1) hear my heart here...I try so hard to love everybody, to extend Grace, but I really hate this dude. He is incompetent, arrogant, and has a lack of compassion that I would think is necessary to be in the field he is in. Why can't I see past his stupid ugly smug face to see what God sees. God help my heart, because I want to choke the living crap outta that moron!
I think it is best that I do take my sweet baby somewhere else, I wouldn't wanna end up on the evening news. I can hear it now " There was a beat-down at the Pet emergency room today, the dogs weren't the only ones treated for their injuries, the doctor had to be euthanized because his injuries were just too bad." I am SORRY, it just made me feel better to vent. I hate that dude. God help me and the rage in my heart towards idiots! L.

2 comments:

The Waters Family said...

I am so sorry you've experienced such incompetence. I hope Zeusie is doing better! So...what are your plans for this retreat with the rainy weather predicted?

Lisa Allen said...

I won't go if Zeusie isn't any better. I just can't bear to leave him. I think the weather will clear up by Friday though. L.