Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ok the brisket...

I finished the brisket, I cooked it for 6 1/2 hours,overnight in the oven. I woke up and my whole house smelled like a smokehouse. Gross. I don't like my house smelling like that. I would rather it smell of lovable dogs. Ok so I cooked it exactly like the Pioneer woman recipe said and I gotta say it was way too salty for me. Now to put it in perspective I don't salt anything. In fact I don't know where my salt shaker is...I know it is weird but I hate salt. The recipe called for the marinade to be made from 2 cans of beef consume and 2 cups of soy sauce...yep there is the culprit, SOY SAUCE. I thought it sounded like ALOT of soy sauce but I stuck to the recipe..next time I will change two things...Change #1..I will adjust the marinade recipe to 3 cans of beef consume and 1 cup of soy sauce, then the other ingredients..(Check out www.pioneerwoman.com for the complete recipe) change #2 I will be cooking that baby in a crock pot outside on the porch. It was the best barbecue sauce free brisket I have had, and it made outstanding tostadas the next day. I used a little peach and mango salsa to counter the saltiness. I made those for Andrea and Penny and they loved it! L.

2 comments:

EO said...

Hi Lisa ALLEN, I know all the comments are going on Andrea's blog, but you really were the STAR of the show "Closet Intervention"!

I love that pioneerwoman website. I found it on B-Ho's blog and stoled it :)

Lisa Allen said...

I had no idea that B-Ho had it too! I stole it from Linda Bechtold. Thanks for the props...my hamstrings are killing me, from having my butt in the air all day! L.